Heinrich Böll Stiftung
The Heinrich Böll Stiftung maintains close ties with the German Green Party (Alliance 90/Greens) and as an institute for green visions and projects, we are part of an international network that includes partner projects in around 60 countries. Heinrich Böll's encouragement of civil society intervention in politics is a model for the foundation's work. Its primary task is political education in Germany and abroad to promote democratic will, socio-political commitment and international understanding. It is guided by the basic political values of ecology, democracy, solidarity and non-violence. The foundation is particularly interested in the realization of a democratic society as well as gender democracy. In addition, the foundation promotes art and culture as an element of its educational political work and as an expression of social self-understanding. Promoting democracy and protecting human rights, taking action to prevent the destruction of the global ecosystem, advancing equality between women and men, ensuring peace through conflict prevention in crisis areas, and protecting the freedom of individuals against the power of excessive state and economic - these are the objectives that guide the ideas and actions of the Heinrich Böll Stiftung.
We are a Green Think Tank
- We promote democratic reforms and social innovation.
- We work on ecological policies and sustainable development on a global level.
- We provide space for the presentation of and debate on art and culture.
- We transfer knowledge and skills from experts to political actors.
- We provide a forum for open debate and promote dialogue between politics, business, academia, and society.
- We support talented students active on socio-political issues both in Germany and abroad.
- We document the history of the Green movement in order to promote research and provide political inspiration.
We are an international Policy Network
- We are part of the global Green network and promote the development of the Green political movement on all continents.
- We focus especially on the broadening and deepening of the European Green movement.
- We work actively for the development of a political European public.
- We support the participation of civil society in politics and, within the framework of multilateral organisations, take part in conferences and negotiations.
We are active in Ecology, Democracy and Human Rights around the world
- We consider ecology and democracy to be inseparable. We therefore support individuals and projects that are committed to ecology, human rights, democracy, and self-determination.
- We support respect for the rule of law and democratic participation in all parts of the world.
- We promote the abolition of conditions of dominance, dependency, and violence between the sexes.
- We consider ethnic and cultural diversity to be an essential part of democratic culture.
- We encourage civic and civil-society activism.
- We train activists so that they can successfully self-organise and participate in political processes.
In the fall of 2021, the Foundation opened its new regional office in Tirana. The Foundation office in Tirana wants to create communities and spaces where new ideas can be discussed and developed. For this purpose, it brings together academics, activists, people of art and culture, as well as political and business actors with common interests. Our office aims to strengthen the ties between green actors in Albania and beyond, as well as to promote the engagement of civil society in the EU integration process.
The team of Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Tiranë
Follow us on our social media
Heinrich Böll Stiftung
New Destil Creative Hub, 3rd Floor
Zogu I Boulevard, Tirana