Associate Professor of International Relations, University of Macedonia
Revecca Pedi is an Associate Professor of International Relations at the Department of International and European Studies, University of Macedonia. Her research focus is on the International Relations of Small States. Revecca’s work has been published in international peer-reviewed journals and edited volumes, published by international publishing houses. She is one of the two co-chairs of the “Small States in World Politics” Section of the European International Studies Association (EISA) and she has been co-Chair of EISA’s European Workshops in International Studies for 2021 and 2022.
Title of Presentation
Small State Security Strategies in the Multiplex Order: A View from the Balkans
- Pedi, R. 2020. Small State Diplomacy after the Corona Crisis. The Hague Journal of Diplomacy, 15(4), 611-623. (with Anders Wivel)
- Pedi, R. 2019. “From the “Small and Smart State” to the “Small and Entrepreneurial State”: Rethinking the International Relations of Small States Within the EU and Beyond It. Baltic Journal of European Studies, Vol. 26(1) pp. 3-19 (with Katerina Sarri)
- Pedi, R., 2019. The (Small) State of the Union: Assessing the EU’s Ability to Implement Its Global Strategy. New Perspectives Interdisciplinary Journal of Central and East European Politics and IR, Vol. 27 (1) pp. 43-72
- Pedi, R., 2016. Cyprus’ Reunification: from the “Momentum” trap to a “Small but Smart” State Strategy, Eurodialogue: Journal of International Relations, European Economic & Social Studies, 5 (with Ilias Kouskouvelis)
- Pedi, R., 2017. Greece in the aftermath of the economic crisis needs to change its strategy in the international system: Choosing between Melians and David. Ιn Marangos J., (ed.), The Internal Impact and External Influence of the Greek Financial Crisis, New York: Palgrave Macmillan
- Pedi, R. 2022. The Republic of Cyprus in International and Regional Organizations: Towards a Mature Small State Status-Seeking Strategy?. In Tziarras Z. (ed.) The Foreign Policy of the Republic of Cyprus: The Age of Maturity?. Palgrave MacMillan (with Kalliopi Chainoglou).
- Pedi, R. 2022. What future for small states after unipolarity? Strategic opportunities and challenges in the post-American world order. In Heurlin, B. Græger, N., Wivel, A. and Wæver, O. (eds) Polarity in International Relations: Past, Present, Future, Palgrave MacMillan (with Anders Wivel)
- Pedi, R. 2021 Resilience Through Entrepreneurship: Enriching European External Action Service’s Resilience Toolbox*. In Apostolopoulos N., K. Chalvatzis and Liargovas, P. (eds) Entrepreneurship, Institutional Framework and Support Mechanisms in the EU, Emerald Publishing Limited. pp. 149–164 doi:10.1108/978-1-83909-982-320211014 (with Katerina Sarri)
- Pedi, R. 2020. Small States in Europe as Buffer Between East and West. In G. Baldacchino & A. Wivel (eds.). Research Handbook on the Politics of Small States. Cheltenham. UK: Edward Elgar Publishers. ISBN: 978-1-78811-292-5.