Professor of International Relations at Middle East Technical University
Dr. Özlem Tür is Professor of International Relations at Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey. Her main expertise include Turkish foreign policy,politics of the Middle East (especially Syria, Israel and Lebanon), feminist IR theory and foreign policy of the small states. Her publications include, ““Small States” in International Relations: Development, Definition, Foreign Policy and Alliance Behavior, (with Nuri Salık), Uluslararasıİlişkiler, 2017, Turkey-Syria Relations – Between Enmity and Amity (London: Ashgate, 2013, co-edited with Raymond Hinnebusch); “Turkey and Israel in the 2000s” (Israel Studies, 2012); “Political Economy of Turkey’s Relations with the Middle East” (Turkish Studies, 2011).-“Turkey’s Role in Middle East and Gulf Security”, (Asian Journal of Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies, 2019), “Turkey and Egypt in the Yemen Crisis” in Stephen W. Day and Noel Brehony (eds.), Global, Regional and Local Dynamics in the Yemen Crisis, (Switzerland: Palgrave-Macmillan,), 2020.
Title of Presentation
Small states in the international system: insights from power transition theory
- “Turkey and Egypt in the Yemen Crisis” in Stephen W. Day and Noel Brehony (eds.), Global, Regional and Local Dynamics in the Yemen Crisis,(Switzerland: Palgrave-Macmillan,), 2020
- Engaging with the Middle East: Rise and Fall of Turkish Leadership in the 2000s” in Turkey’s Public Diplomacy, Senem"Cevik and Phil Seib (eds.), (London: Palgrave MacMillan, 2015)
Other Academic Publications
- “Turkey’s Role in Middle East and Gulf Security”, Asian Journal of Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies, Vol. 13, No.4, 2019, pp. 592-603.
- “Challenges of Demographic Pressures and Resource Scarcity on thePoliticalE conomy in the Levant & MENA Region”, Uluslararsı İlişkiler, Vol. 15, No.60, 2018, pp. 75-87. (SSCI)
- “Sectarian Actors in Foreign Policy Making: 2006 Lebanese War Revisited”, (with Murat Tınas), Uluslararsı İlişkiler, Vol. 15, No.59, 2018, pp. 129-143. (SSCI)
- "Rethinking the Tunisian miracle: a party politics view”, (with Şebnem Yardımcı Geyikçi), Democratization, Vol. 25, No. 5,2018, pp. 787-803. (SSCI)
- "‘Small States’ in International Relations: Evolution, definition, foreign policy and alliance behaviour” (in Turkish, with Nuri Salik), Uluslararası İlişkiler, Vol. 14, no.53, 2017, pp. 3-22. (SSCI
- "Paradoxes in Turkey’s Syria Policy: analysing the Critical Episode of Agenda Building”, (with Mehmet Akif Kumral), New Perspectives on Turkey, No. 55, Spring 2016, pp. 107-132. (SSCI)
- “Turkey and Israel in the 2000s – From Cooperation to Conflict, Israel Studies, Vol. 17, No.3, Fall 2012, p. 45-67.
- “Women Between Tradition and Change: The Justice and Development Party Experience in Turkey”, Middle Eastern Studies.2008 (co-authored with Zana Citak). (SSCI)