Climate and Energy Partnerships – Hype or Hope?
Climate and Energy Partnerships are a key instrument in international climate and energy cooperation and diplomacy. For Europe, they are essential given the EU’s own climate ambition and its complex relationships with countries in the European Neighbourhood with the potential to supply green energy to EU member states. The recommendations in this paper are meant to make Climate and Energy Partnerships into relationships on equal footing and into win-win solutions in the transition to a net zero global economy.
This article first appeared here: www.boell.de
Table of contents
- Why Climate and Energy Partnerships?
- Climate Partnerships - Shaping the Narrative
- Clarity about Everyone's Values, Interests and Roles Generates Trust
- Politics Matter - Take Them into Account
- The Rules of the Game: Not One Size Fits All
- Make It a Just Transition
- It's Not Only About Emissions and Energy
- The Author